1 July 2021, Clean sweep for Broken Heart Gin at IWSC 2021
Broken Heart has performed again at the IWSC 2021 competition. The Navy Strength Gin won a Gold medal, the Original Gin won a silver and the Angel’s Share Batch #3 won a Bronze medal. Broken Heart are over the moon as they entered three products and won three medals. To win a medal for every entry is an exceptional effort and something we are very proud of.
Highlights from this years IWSC 2021 competition:
- The biggest spirits judging in IWSC history.
- Over 68% of gins are awarded a medal at the IWSC 2021.
- Gins from all around the world were top winners including New Zealand, Canada, Italy, Sweden and the British Isles.
- Contemporary gin category sees the largest growth in medal winners.
- Unique gins flavoured with Shiraz, strawberry, quince, marmalade and rhubarb impressed the judges.
- Traditional categories like Old Tom hold their own against the newer styles of gin.
- 50 wood rested and cask finished gins were entered.
About the IWSC
- With over 50 years of experience, the IWSC, or Club Oenologique as it was called back in 1969, was the first official wine and spirit competition.
- The IWSC is proud to set the international benchmark for quality, standing out in the crowded world of drinks awards with hundreds of global experts.
- IWSC judges consist of a mix of wine and spirit experts, such as leading sommeliers, Master of Wines and Master Sommeliers, and distillers from across the globe.
- The IWSC is the go-to platform for having your wines or spirits tasted and reviewed by leading decision-makers from both the off- and on-trades, as well as by key influencers.
- Whether you are looking for new distribution channels, local or global exposure, product benchmarking, greater brand awareness or simply expert feedback, the IWSC is there for you.
See here for the full IWSC press release, other medal winners and more information on IWSC.