We have teamed up with Quartz Reef to bring to you a “Southern 45”, our take on a “French 75”!
– 1 x bottle of Broken Heart Original Gin
– 1 x bottle of Quartz Reef Methode Traditionnelle
– 1 x recipe for a “Southern 45”
(our version of the classic “French 75”)
To complete your cocktail you will need the following ingredients:
– Sugar syrup (dissolve equal parts sugar to hot water & cool)
– Lemon Juice
– Lemon Twist to garnish
Quench your thirst in these simple steps:
1. Using a small knife or peeler, peel a long strip from a lemon. Keep to the side for your garnish.
2. In a shaker (or good sized jar with a lid) add 45ml of Broken Heart Original Gin, 15ml of fresh lemon juice, 30mls of sugar syrup, and a dash of bitters (optional).
3. Fill shaker with ice, and shake hard until the outside is frosty and cold.
4. Strain the contents into your favourite celebration glass, top with Quartz Reef Methode Traditionnelle, and drop in your lemon twist.
For more information about Quartz Reef Wines visit www.quartzreef.co.nz